What do Recovery Volunteers do?
Assist with the running of your local Open Road centre as follows:
- Helping to make a friendly, welcoming environment
- Answering telephone enquiries & making appointments
- Basic administration
- Service user support where appropriate
- Supporting the delivery of the Structured Recovery Programme
- Attending volunteer meetings and training
- Operating the Needle Exchange and correctly following all the needle exchange policies and procedures (Essex centres only)
What skills are we looking for in a volunteer?
- Relate to the issues and challenges faced by service users
- Respect and understand the need for confidentiality
- Be an effective communicator & demonstrate good interpersonal and listening skills
- Identify and understand risk situations
- Be willing to undertake training and continuing development
- Be committed to the agreed hours allocated for the volunteer role
Where can I be a Volunteer Recovery Worker?
Essex: Chelmsford, Clacton, Colchester, Harlow, Vange.
Plus outreach locations across Essex.
How much time do Volunteer Recovery Workers need to give?
A minimum of ½ day (or evening); up to a maximum of 3 days per week.
How do I contact the Open Road Volunteer Team?